Now Showing: NO-Direction! (Maligno in the City)

10:21 PM gem 0 Comments


Be at peace. As mentioned in Kung Fu Panda "Find your inner peace."

I had to exert tons of effort this morning in finding my inner peace when I got lost in Bonifacio Global City (BGC) while I was riding cabs. CABS. I am not gifted with spatial intelligence. I think I've already mentioned that in some of my entries here. It was supposedly my third time going to my Client's office. I went there with my colleagues on the first and second time. Today was the first time I had to go there by myself.

Given that Manila just had a super strong typhoon yesterday (Glenda), I was still cool when the traffic suddenly became heavier than the usual. Kept my cool. Kept my cool. I turned Waze on in the hope of finding other routes because I didn't want to be late. The taxi driver was old. His white hair and soft voice gave the hint that his hearing was poor too. So when I told him to turn right, he just went straight. I reminded him where I was supposed to go. "31st street corner 2nd avenue po." And he reacted as if he knew BGC well. "uu, sa 5th avenue tayo tapos kaliwa tayo dun."

Since it felt like he knew where I was supposed to go, I turned Waze off and allowed him to take control. We reached 30th corner 2nd avenue.

"O eto. 2nd avenue na to." Manong driver said.

"Manong, 31st po ako." I replied.

"30th eto." He said in a soft voice.

"31st po ako." I repeated.

"Ah. Sa likod lang yun. Diyan lang yun." He said.

He had no intention of driving further. Since it was already 30 minutes before my meeting, I decided to take the risk. He said it was just at the back of that street. I walked further- 28th street. I knew the place. It wasn't where I was supposed to be. I asked for directions from guards, civilians, a marshall. They pointed me in different directions which lead me further. My goal was nowhere in sight.

For the second time, I took a cab in front of Bubble Tea where I bought a milk tea to keep my cool because I was getting stressed. I told the driver the direction. "31st street corner 2nd avenue." He drove. He was positive that we would find it.

"o ito sa kanan tayo. pag lumayo tayo, e di babalik tayo. ibig sabihin sa kabila." And right he was, we went further. So, we went the other way.

We saw 2nd avenue. "O ito 30th na. Dito lang yun."

On my left was the same Bubble Tea where I hailed his cab. "Manong hindi ito. Dito nyo nga ako sinakay e."

He drove further and found 31st street. At the end of that street was a closed road. He insisted that the building on the right was the one I was looking for. He was insinuating that I had to get off even if I said it isn't the place because I've been there. I got off- hoping I was just stupid and that he was right.

Yes, I was stupid. I was stupid to believe that he was right.

Lost again.

I was on the verge of crying. I wanted to go home, make my stupidity as an excuse for why I didn't get to the meeting.

I hailed the third cab. "31st street corner 2nd avenue po. Kanina pa ako naliligaw."
He turned to a street and whoala! I saw the building. "Dito na po! salamat. I wanted to cry.

----

What did I learn from this experience?

Sometimes, no matter how confident we are in getting to our destination in life, there will be detours. When you let other people drive your life, they'll get you somewhere. But for sure, you wouldn't be happy because it is not where you want to be no matter how they insist that it is where you should be.

Not knowing how to get to your destination can be costly so think carefully of the risks you're going to take.

When you feel like giving up, don't! Sometimes, when you least expect it, you'll be where you are supposed to be with the help of God's grace. We learn from more from mistakes.

----

On a shallow perspective, I can consider this as one of the ancient gods' ways of playing with mortals. Para akong namaligno. I was going in circles and then one turn, it just appeared (the building) out of nowhere.

Ciao,

Miss No-Direction

You Might Also Like

0 comments: