Movie Date: SWATH

2:16 AM gem 0 Comments

Among all the Disney princess, I was a fan of Ariel, the little mermaid who was Triton's favorite daughter. This is just because this cartoon was the first I ever really understood considering I was too young when I watched the others. One of those was Snow White. True enough, the idea of an evil step mother seems pretty scary and real for children if you compare it to Ursula, the Octopus. So it wasn't really the type of cartoon you would love to watch again and again.

But of course, we all love Snow White because she has seven cute dwarves. And as we celebrate 100 years of Snow White, I chose to watch Snow White and the Huntsman over Mirror Mirror. First is because I am not really a fan of comedies. Second, there's something about Charlize Theron being the evil Queen that I can't explain.

And after watching, I was struck by a thought given by Queen Ravenna


"I was ruined by a king like you once. I replaced his queen, an old woman. And in time, I too would have been replaced. Men use women, they ruin us and when they are finished with us they throw us to their dogs like scraps."
"When a woman stays young and beautiful, the world is hers." 
There is really truth into this as I have observed. Time might have changed. Women's place in the society was already acknowledged. However, it still doesn't change the fact that when a woman is young and beautiful, she can easily get what she wants. Take the actresses for example. How many beautiful actresses have both men and women adored so much in their prime? And suddenly, when they fall in love, get pregnant and for some, became mothers, everyone turned their eyes to the next in line- someone who is younger and more beautiful.

So, I can only think of two things to do since I am a woman.

#1 Make the best of your years while you are young and hot.

hahaha. O yeah. I don't mean for the ladies to be promiscuous. Enjoy your youth. Dress up, wear swimsuits to the beach, sing, dance, act, do what makes you happy. Take pictures so you'll have a remembrance of how good you once look in swimsuits. hehe

#2 Age Beautifully

Since we cannot cast a spell so we can be forever young, we might as well give extra effort so we can age with grace. Women blame men for cheating on them. But if we look closely, the reason is not because the gave birth. It is because the woman looked so much different from the person the guy fell in love with. Being a mother doesn't mean you have to look haggard all the time. Remember, men are visual. You don't have to look young, you just have to look presentable and a sight of life. When you are happy, no matter what age you are in, you will definitely look years younger.

Let's accept that the world is not ours forever. (Like Pacquaio lost today to Bradley - totally BS!)

Enjoy being young inside and out. Don't forget that innocence and purity is our salvation.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: