I BELIEVE

3:04 AM gem 0 Comments

 

It’s too early to be showing Christmas movies so I was surprised to see “A Miracle on 34th Street” being shown at Star Movies. I haven’t seen the movie yet so I decided to watch it hoping I’d get sleepy. But it turned the other way around.

In the movie, a real Santa Claus under the name of Kris Kringle was held on trial for being a lunatic (cause he says and believes he is Santa Claus) . I’ve learned so much from the movie unexpectedly…

miracle-on-34th-street-movie“Oh, but there is. I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanor. You know, I... I... I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If... you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt.”

When I was young, every year I would wish something for Christmas. There was a time when I actually believed that my gifts came from him. But then, when I was told that he doesn’t exist. From that time on, whenever I wished for something and didn’t get it, it made me realize what they say is the TRUTH, that there is NO SANTA CLAUS. In school, they said it is better to tell kids the truth so they don’t get hurt when they found out they were lied to.

But now, I realize that by doing so, millions of hopes of children were killed. Maybe when I was a kid, I slowly stopped dreaming, I slowly stopped wishing because the reality is, like what the elder people say, not what you expect it to be. The reality is all hardships and disappointments. Yet, we fail to see that this is not all about the belief in Santa Claus. This is about the belief that when you wish for something hard enough, the universe will help you get it. Maybe not exactly on Christmas day, but you will get it at the right time if you keep on believing.

At my age, I admit that there were times when I have lost enthusiasm about the things I want in life. So I am thanking God for letting me watch this movie because, I got the message… “If... you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt”

So even though it is not yet Christmas, I will accept by faith that my goal is already reached. I have no doubt about my abilities… I am already successful. I will be patient with the Universe but IT will know what I really want. And this time, I am not going to let REALITY limit me. Everyday is Christmas to a heart that is filled with love, enthusiasm, hope and faith that all the gifts that we desire will rightfully be given to us at the right time if we BELIEVE.

I-Believe_Lesalina-485x324 (1)

believe-in-yourself1

You Might Also Like

0 comments: