What’s good about your “last day”

10:28 AM gem 0 Comments

Finally my last day in the office came. the feeling was not sad and definitely was not bitter at all. It was all fun and full of love. Maybe that’s the feeling when in your heart you know you’ve done your best and have cared truly for the people you are working with. In every resignation, you will hear people talk about their complaints about their previous company as if all it has ever done to you was to make your life miserable. But that wasn’t the case for me. My new business family has taught me to always look for positive things. And because of them, I’ve seen a much better path. I’ve appreciated the fact that I wouldn’t be where I am now if not for the challenges I overcame in my previous company.Through the hardships, I’ve met true people. They are all unique; some easy to work with, some would always need constant reminders. But even so, we’ve built a family. And on my last day, I had a big smile on my face knowing that I will be moving on in a more exciting adventure and I wish the people I will be leaving all the best- and a hope that they won’t miss me much!

 Despedida

We all know that our economy is not in a good shape. When has it ever been? Thus, before someone even think of passing that resignation letter, there are things that you MUST consider. I know I am an Arian and I most often make hasty decisions but this resignation is something that I’ve cried for in months before finally giving myself a sure “yes”. It was not easy for me because I grew up with the idea that once when I study so hard, I will end up in a good position in a company and will have  chance of living a good life. I’ve worked hard- and it getting an Assistant Training Manager role was not a piece of cake. I challenged myself everyday. The work got harder and harder but I told myself, this was life. However, I was nowhere to getting my dreams. Saving every month was a very… yes ultimately slow way of getting a six digit figure in the bank. And more so, I can easily go to Boracay and ruin my entire savings until not so long ago, I saw an opportunity which is far different from what people are used to. And from here moving forward, life will be an adventure.

So if you’re on the verge of hanging yourself because you think your job sucks and you want to resign, consider these things first.

- take a step back and assess everything

what is the reason why you want to resign? Is it someone? your boss? a co-worker? Is it about the compensation? Are you overqualified? Is the work too hard for you? For whatever reasons you may have, the question is… Is there something you could do to address the situation?

- Talk to someone you trust, but not a co-worker

chances are, both of you have the same experience and sentiments. Your co-worker might not be able to give you the right wisdom because he might be emotional too about what you are going through. Remember, resigning has its consequences.

- Cost perspective, can you manage to live without a job?

Do you have another job waiting? Are you in a financial situation to move at your own expense? If you do not have a job, how long can you survive without one? Are you skilled enough or marketable for the position you are aiming for?

 

You do not just “resign” because you just feel like it. If you are like that, then it means you have no sense of responsibility because I can tell that the moment you feel that the job is a little hard, you easily give up. Resign for the right reasons. And if you’ve finally decided that it is a “yes”, here are the things that you should do before your last day:

  • Start taking all your personal belongings at home
  • Delete all personal files from your computer. Clear all the browser history and do not forget to clean your email.
  • Obtain a letter of recommendation
  • Copy works that you’ve done so you can add it in your portfolio
  • And write a farewell letter to the people in your workplace.

I personally have enjoyed writing a “love letter” to my trainers. In the team, I truly felt like I was their mother (though some are older than me). I really did my best to protect them and coach them when they have shortcomings. In the end, nothing was really lost- I valued their friendships more.

Despedida1Despedida2

Now, for me. I have experienced the best curtain call for the BPO Industry.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: